History of Immaculate Mary Home
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia originally purchased land in 1923 for the use of the Sisters of St. Joseph to establish St. Margaret’s Industrial School for Girls. The school closed in 1969, and in 1974, the building was razed to make way for a new facility. A very generous donation was made by Mr. and Mrs. John F. Connelly to construct Immaculate Mary Home. His Eminence John Cardinal Krol officiated at both the groundbreaking ceremonies on January 2, 1974 and the Home’s dedication on February 13, 1976.